Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm one of those people!

What I learned this semester, the most valuable lesson I gained, was about my self worth.

I learned that my entire life I have been suffering from serious self image issues and didn't even know it.
It has affected my behavior in negative ways for as long as I can remember.

I remember in high school, everyone saying that the cute girls think they're fat and...blah blah blah.
I remember thinking "that is so true...but that doesn't apply to me because I really am fat."

I have realized however, that although it wouldn't be unhealthy to lose weight, I am not "Fat" or ugly or...whatever.

I've realized that I may not look good in a bikini, but who cares?  I look really good in jeans and a nice shirt.

This realization had to come from me.  I learned about my own self worth and now I am able to begin recovery.

A bad image is like a drug... addictive, judgement impairing, damaging and resolvable.
The cure is the same...first you have to acknowledge you have a problem and then....fix it!

I am really amazed at what a good perspective can do to a person's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment