Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fun and Games

(http://www.igourmet.com/images/topics/turkey1.jpg)

This Week for Thanksgiving I spent the week with my family in Utah.  My sister just had a baby (her fourth) and they are all so adorable!  I was afraid Benny (now three) was going to grow up before I got to see him again (a little paranoia) and I was glad to see that he hasn't changed too drastically.

I loved the food and my family and I played lots of games and watched movies.  My little brother played video games and I realized, I don't really have the patience for them so much anymore... weird what age and responsibilities can do to a person.

Today Carly, My mother, and I all went shopping leisurely for her "birthday adventure" my mom gave her some money and she could spend it how she wanted...personally the best part was looking at all the odds and ends.  I found some really cool things at the dollar store haha.  I was really proud of myself however, I had my visa in my pocket and didn't purchase a thing even though I had money...but not for odds and ends.

I am currently going through a stage of self discovery.  I am learning some things about myself that In ways would have been nice to know a while back.  In others, however it is just nice to know them now.

This Thanksgiving season inclines me to make a list of things I am grateful for:

  • My Savior, Jesus Christ
  • The Atonement
  • The Scriptures
  • Prayer
  • My Family
  • My Friends & Room mates
  • My Schooling
  • My Talents
    • My Singing Voice
    • My Piano Playing
    • My Knitting
    • My Limited Sewing knowlege
    • My Cooking
    • My Writing
    • My Drawing
    • Literacy
  • Food to Eat
  • Home to Shelter me From Frigid Idaho Winters
  • Blankets
  • Sweaters, and other things to keep me warm.
  • Clean water to Drink
  • Warm Water to Wash in
  • Computers
  • Books

No comments:

Post a Comment