Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Extra! Extra! .....extra what?

As I study Indonesia it is really interesting how often it gets hit by natural disasters.  I see: floods, earthquakes, and volcano eruptions. As I think of the poverty goals, I think "no wonder so many are in poverty"  they are plagued by natural disasters!

Floods deplete fresh water stores and volcanoes get ash into the water, even though it makes the soil more fertile, it burns the crops already existent, and earthquakes destroy buildings and other structures.

It also causes panic, and forces populaces out of the work places for a time period.

I wonder what could be done...

(https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgkxjektgWg-3EhwflB3xoK1PDDCfDJBY3foFd1MzkLDGEQ81UcqiXdd8Gkpg8tRwSbfjUmsANYZg768J0XP-igI6j0Gi4G08prdhgVG4pSrn8UxpBFUZOVETkoKU-nrgvronSXqz_n6Fg/s1600/Indonesia_Earthquake.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment