Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Agree to respect even if we disagree.

I will not support Gay marriage.  It is against my beliefs.  I support the traditional family.

This does not mean I "hate gays."  On the contrary, I care very deeply about my friend who is Gay.  We've discussed it in detail.  He knows I can't support his actions, but I can love him.

I have another acquaintance who doesn't get this concept.  It really doesn't matter what someone's political views or social ideologies are.  If you are willing to respect each other you can be friends.

My other acquaintance freaks out every time I disagree with them.  It'll be little, personal preference things, like I don't really like texting, and they got mad at me and told me I was unchristian...

We agree politically, but because they refuse to respect me I can't be friends with them.

Friendship is about respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment