Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Willpower Diet

I've started the Diabetic Diet.  I've been on diets before, but this is different.  I'm having more success and I'm set up to actually accomplish my goal.  What are the things I did differently?

  1. Get a friend who actually cares. 
    • They want to hear about your successes and your failures.
    • If they will work with you on it that's awesome.
      • Physical restraint from sweets may be necessary from time to time.  Like in Costco when there are free samples of cheese cake...
  2. Get properly motivated.
    • Why am I doing this?  Who is this for?  How much do I want this?  What do I get out of it?
    • Again, get friends who will help you. (and want to)
  3. Follow the rules.
    • Exceptions... often when we think we are on a diet we make exceptions... well your body is losing weight but also making exceptions. Give yourself at least 2 weeks of solid following the "rules" without breaking them.
    • The success will drive you to continue.
  4. Make your goal measurable.
    • My goal I am supposed to eat less than 1400 calories and cut out processed sugar completely for a while.  So I write down all the calories I eat.  I also measured my waist and weighed myself before I started.
  5. Embrace change.
    • Your eating habits and exercise mentality is going to have to change, have an open mind.
  6. Make small good choices and relish little successes.
    • If you need to work on your will power, work on it one decision at a time.  Your will power will get stronger as you exercise it.
I am so excited about my progress!  I've also inspired friends to do the same!  I will be sharing my successes and food substitutions in the future as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment