Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Compliments

Most people realize to some extent how words can affect people.  One phrase can tear down or build up a vulnerable person.  For sure it can make or break a day.

One day I decided my friends needed to know just how beautifull they are.  So i proceded to tell them every chance i got.  It was awkward at first but not unbearably so.  Now it is normal.  I am pleased with every smile i can create.

One thin I did not expect to find is that as I compliment others, more seem to be compelled to compliment me back.  As if every one is waiting to express what they feel, but are waiting for the "OK."

Today i was singing as I walked along between classes, and a girl did something that i found extrordinary.  She asked what I was singing, walked along side me and asked if i would keep singing because i had "a really pretty voice, and i want to listen to you sing."  I  was stunned and touched.

I have always wished that i had a voice that "turns heads"  so even the simple motion of a head turn can mean a lot.

Actions can speak louder than words, in a sense some actions are compliments.

        They say "you are worth my time"
For example, a couple days ago I went to go get my alundry out of the dryer, only to find them already folded with a sticky note that said "love mom :) "  It brought me to tears because I had recently been sick, and being at college, away from my mom, I was thinking a lot about how she used to care for me when i was sick.  This gesture was so tiny for someone to do, but so HUGE to me.  It made me feel special, and important.

I had some friends at camp whoat lunch would go around with a colorful sign saying "free compliments" and as people would walk by they would find real things they could compliment about them.
They made so many people's day!

Thank you all you considerate people out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment