Sunday, August 14, 2011

Drowning in Birthday Cake

With another birthday come and gone, I am once more faced with the concept of growing up and becoming wholly independent. (The fact that I got no birthday cake says it all haha.)

Ever since I was little, I understood that one day I would become a "grown up" and bear responsibility for myself.  Now that that time has come and the weight is shifting more and more from my parents shoulders to my own, I cannot help but feel that I am essentially drowning in responsibility.

The world is a very scary and intimidating place, with bills and job searches and education and...well either you get it already or you will.

I decided there are two main things that an adult needs to feel more confident in being an adult.
1.Learn to drive...get a licence














2.get a job so you know that you can support yourself















Unfortunately the whole driving thing continues to elude me...I suppose it comes with practice and persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment